Bangor Area Staffing is seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Manager for the night shift for our food production client. Excellent career opportunity working in Maine owned business. Typical shift is Monday - Thursday, 4 pm to 4 am with additional shifts during high peak periods.
As the Night Operations Manager in this Food Manufacturing business, some of the responsibilities will be:
Provide leadership and execute process improvement utilizing lean manufacturing practices.
Mentor to subordinate leaders and provide training in all aspects of plant operation, sanitation, food safety, quality of product, and customer production needs.
Motivate line leaders and supervisors to keep a positive attitude and train them to do all jobs required and to motivate their associates.
Schedule shift meetings to ensure all aspects of food quality and production are met.
Serves as SQF Practitioner to ensure accurate documentation of production and quality control data and SQF records. Enforce all SQF policies ensuring practices are being followed.
Manage and approve proper number of associates on the production line based on products made and outlined in flow charts.
Direct and manage line positions and associates per shift to ensure on tasks for best quality and quantity per shift. Control and decrease waste. Raw material and equipment should be managed and available before production. Oversee line changes to minimize changeover time.
Assist in production planning to achieve goals. Adjust work schedules as need to meet production needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
• Associate Degree, or 3 – 5 years experience in food manufacturing or equivalent in management.
• HACCP certification required, and knowledge of GMPs
• Knowledge of food labeling requirements.
• Knowledge of baking science and technology, and certification required.
• Knowledge of bakery processes and equipment.
• Knowledge of production management, process control, quality management, project management, cost reduction calculations & strategies, production scheduling, and basic finance concepts as it relates to the baking industry.
Email your resume today to jobs@BangorAreaStaffing.com to be considered for this career position that offers benefits and opportunity for growth.